Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ow. And Again I Say, Ow.

Well, this past Sunday morning, my brother and I were helping our mother in junior church at our home church. It was Clown Sunday, with the theme being giant sandwiches.... no, duh... clowns. Anyway, My brother and I were doo-dadded up in clown digs and doing a skit which called for him to "boost" me into the air... notice the word "boost" was in quotes. That's right, in reality all I was supposed to do was just jump backward and do a pratfall. Instead, my brother, that wonderfully forgetful gentleman that I work with every weekend, hurled me about five feet into the air. As I was hurtling upwards, I thought about the floor. I thought about the very thin carpet over the very hard cement. Then I thought, "Hey... did I leave the iron on?" No, I thought, "This's gonna hurt!" And hurt it did. My left ankle, knee, hip, ribs, shoulder, elbow, and wrist all went ka-thwap and joined together in hating me for all of eternity. Ouch. I'm mostly recovered, but I'm deathly afraid of clowns now.

-Joshua

No comments: