Friday, August 20, 2010

Where Did The Yellow Brick Road Go?

So a tornado hit our property last night. We were sitting at dinner when the rain looked like it was flying upward. We promptly decided to head to the basement. When we got down there, we did something brilliant: we headed for the window. The window. In a tornado. Brilliant. Anyway, we looked out of that window (which was along the ground) and we saw a tree in our back yard that was taller than the house... snapped in half. And as I saw the rain flying sideways, and branches swinging through the air, and the tree lying on the ground, I thought: "Isn't that pretty?"....No, actually, I thought "What if we wake up in Oz?" Fortunately, we don't have any real damage to the house. We don't have power, several trees were uprooted or snapped in half, and our trampoline looks like a pretzel. The only way I'm writing this blog is because we have a generator. Looks like God was very good to us through it all and all is well. Still, I can't put my finger on why, but I have the strangest urge sing "If I Only Had A Brain".

Make sure to stop by our website, www.foresterministries.com, to see everything we have to offer!

-Joshua

1 comment:

2010! said...

oh my goodness! i am sooo glad u guys are ok!!!!!!! :( that's sooo scary! EEEEK!