Wednesday, December 22, 2010

College Concerts, Church Cantatas, Plays, Etc.

Just because we are out of school now does not mean that we have had nothing to do! We go out last Thursday, went to college choir rehearsal on Friday, then sang for their annual Christmas concert on Saturday night. We were at our home church on Sunday morning, and then I had to come back early that night to get ready for Dixie Baptist's annual Christmas cantata that night! Two huge Christmas concerts two nights in a row! The only thing that was difficult for me was that I sang through the whole cantata on the way to church for practice, sang the whole thing again for early rehearsal, then again for the actual concert......three times in one night! I wasn't hoarse at the end, but my voice was VERY tired!
Both concerts went really well. Tonight, we are having the annual kid's program of the Nativity. It was supposed to be on Sunday evening two weeks ago, but we got snowed out! Even though Josh and I are college students (soon to graduate) we never were able to get away from jr. church. Hope it goes well!
Next Sunday will be the encore performance of the church cantata. If you missed it the first time, come our to Dixie Baptist Church at 6:00pm for one of the best Christmas concerts that you've ever heard. I know, because I was there once already!

-Stephen

No comments: