Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Booking concerts

I've have really been at it this week trying to get new concert dates, and it's not always an easy thing to do. I have a couple of different methods of locating new churches for us to contact. After concentrating on an area and compiling a new list of churches that we've not sung at yet, I mail out demo packets with information about us and soundbites of our material.
This is a very time-consuming process. I usually list about 35-50 at a time. After that, we have to stuff our envelopes with all of our info and then address them to these new churches. I feel sorry for our U.S. mail lady who has to pick them up from our mail box...... just the other day I watched as she fork-lifted our mailbox off of the ground and carried it off to the post office!
The next part involves calling the churches. I had pretty much exhausted our old lists of churches that I had sent demos to and had been calling, so I knew it was definitely time to get busy with the mailings again. I'll still send out some more demos this week, and then sometime next week I'll start calling and shamelessly begging these churches to let us sing for them!
I'm hoping for a bunch of bites, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Check the schedule page of our website for all new postings soon.


-Stephen

No comments: