Friday, August 14, 2009

Hey loyal readers, sorry that we've taken so long to get back to writing about our journeys here. We have been very busy lately, with some very exciting happenings along the way.

On Tues, July 20, we went to an interdenominational Christian ladies group to sing for them. They were an absolutely wonderful crowd! they loved everything that we did, and we got to meet some nice people and sold a great number of CDs. Two days later, we went to our home church to do a kid's show (magic, puppets, etc.) for the church daycare. A lot of people would consider a daycare show below their pay grade, but we had a good time and the kids had an even better time.
Two days later, we went to Evergreen Park Campground in Cass City, Mi. for a special all-day concert with nine other groups/soloists. We were the first group on after lunch, and we got an awesome reaction from the crowd. They were one of the best laughing bunches of people that Josh has performed for in a while.
I went to Devonshire Retirement Village to do a little mini-concert. It went relatively well, and I changed what I do a little bit and mostly played piano and sang to make it enjoyable for the age group there.
The following Sunday, We went to Trinity United Methodist Church in our own hometown of Lapeer for a special car show concert. It was a little unusual because I had a couple of co-workers from Dairy Queen who came with a couple of their siblings to watch us perform. Not that that would create any pressure, but I knew that what happened there would soon reach back to my workplace!
We have had some other things happen as well. I have finished recording my new CD. It should be out hopefully in time for our concert at Missionary campground on Sep.5. I'm very pleased and excited about how it turned out.
I'll let Josh write about our other bookings that we've done recently. Check the blog above for the latest scoop!


-Stephen Forester

No comments: