Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ministry News: Last week, This Week, & Florida

So, anyway, it took me a little longer to get back to this than I thought it would (two days, but....whatever!) So Josh and I had an awesome meeting last week. We went back to Riverwalk Baptist Church for their annual kid/family carnival event. They had many people this year despite the rotten temperature and blowing rain. The put most everything under a couple of tents this year, and our services were held indoors like before. I did not get a count this year, but I know that we had a bucket full of new people get saved this year, including several adults!We did four kid shows, and then gave the gospel, and the Holy Spirit did the rest!
We also drove up to Standish, Mi. for their outdoor "Depot Days" festival the next day. It was a small fair, and the weather was cold enough to keep a lot of people away,but it wasn't freezing, and we were able to get the gospel out again.
This Saturday, we will be singing up in Whitemore for an evening concert, then staying over to sing for their sister church the next morning.
Josh and I are still working on finishing up our degrees. If all goes well, we'll be done and off to Florida! We're both struggling a little bit for one class, but hopefully the Lord will help us get through it!
Speaking of Florida, things are starting to look better for booking down there. I've got several places that I think will probably book us anytime now. I'm starting to get antsy, though, so if they don't call me back soon for confirmation, I'll be calling them again!

Stephen

No comments: