Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year! + news

Well, it's 2010 (or at least that's the current rumor going around!) and I must say that I couldn't be more excited about what 2010 will hold for our ministry. I fell a bit behind in my booking work because college (with class time, homework, assignments, and special events) chewed up much of my time in the latter part of the year. As a result, the cupboards seemed a little bare for our schedule at first. But things are quickly turning around. This week the Lord blessed us by allowing me to book five new concert dates, with more people who said that they wanted to have us in, but had to arrange their church schedules first. I just posted our new schedule, and as of this writing we have 17 dates booked.
2009 was a year of many happenings for our ministry and our family. In April, we made Dixie Baptist Church our new home church after almost 7 months of searching and asking God for guidance on a new home for our spiritual food when we are not on the road. It was just a little while after this that our Dad's heart problems were at last healed by God's grace. Not long after this we finished our spring semester at Midwestern Baptist College and hit the road running with lots of new dates. Shortly into May was when our Dad was sick again, this time with a mysterious illness that left the doctors confused. They thought first that it was Vertigo, then Miniers disease (which is incurable), but at last a doctor relative of ours seemed to find the problem and treat him properly. Dad had suffered for several months before he was at last relieved, and had three great months of health before suffering a bit of a relapse a few days ago.
As if the Devil hadn't hounded us enough, Mom soon developed Shingles after Dad's health had gotten better! This seems to have attacked a disk in her back and caused it to herniate, which she has had to be treated for.
But 2009 was not all bad. We had some great times with our family, settled in a great new church, and our ministry continued to grow. I recorded my second solo project that I feel turned out even better than the first, and Josh and I got to sing on local cable television in Hudsonville, Mi. The film turned out so good that the television station gave us a copy of the film with permission to edit it for sale as a DVD! We also recorded our first instrumental project together called "Instrumental Classics", which we will be releasing in the spring. I feel that we also grew closer to the Lord this year, and He allowed that to enhance our abilities to communicate with, and minister to, our audiences. I even began preaching, which is something that I swore I would never do before the spring of '09, when I finally surrendered to God's call for it.
In many ways, 2009 was an eventful year. It was both wonderful and rough, but like the song says ".....and though I've had my share of hard times, I wouldn't change them if I could. 'Cause through it all, God's been good!"

We look forward to a blessed 2010, and we hope that you readers will share it with us by coming to see us in concert. Visit our website at http://www.foresterministries.com/ to see our schedule and buy our product. our newest CDs/DVDs are still not up for sale right now, but you can order all of our product from us at any time by calling (810) 653-0089 and asking for Stephen, or e-mail us at foresterministries@yahoo.com.

Hope everyone has a great year,
Stephen

No comments: