Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Road Signs And Animals (And Gravy....)

My brother and I did a concert in Beulah this past week and I saw a few signs that kind of scared me. I'm used to seeing pedestrian crossing, duck crossing, and deer crossing signs, but when I saw a BEAR CROSSING sign, I spent the rest of the ride in the trunk. If that wasn't bad enough, a little farther down the road I saw the scariest sign of all: TRUCK CROSSING.... "Whoa, man did you see that deer? That was close... Holy smoke, a bear! We almost hit that one!............SWEET MERCY AN EIGHTEEN-WHEELER!!!!" Anyway, I have resolved never to drive back there again. I may have to take a submarine next year....
However, all that got me thinking about how different animals cross the road differently. For instance, a deer will look and say, "I can make it..." then you feel BUMP. Then there's the squirrel: a squirrel will look both ways, get all the way to the center line, and THEN go back... Then you feel BUMP. Then there are cats. They wait until a car is coming and THEN go. Then you feel BUMP...then back up and feel BUMP..then go forward and feel BUMP...then go in reverse and feel BUMP...sorry, I'm not a cat person... Then the last of them all: then there's the old ladies that just don't care... they cross the street whether there's a car or not. They usually make you wait.... I don't like to wait....

-Joshua

2 comments:

2010! said...

like you, i hate cats, and as they do in the general tibetan area (except they do it for ppl) i would roll over the, ad back up then do it again! i hate cats. and am also very impatient and while driving, it SHOWS!!!!!! lol

Anonymous said...

now thats funny....you should add that to your act!

mark