Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Booking Work & College News

Hey folks, I thought that it was about time that I started writing blogs again. I was afraid that some of you have started to think that I died and Josh has gone solo! This is definitely not the case! Josh is fantastic at what he does, but I have charge of the datebook and book the concerts.
Speaking of which, this week I am hammering the schedule work like crazy. I did a little better during this last semester of college at doing my homework and keeping up with calling some churches for new singing dates, but still could not do it like I wanted to. Now that we are done with school, however, I want to treat this like a serious job: look up new churches, stuff more demos, mail them, call those churches, and pray that they will consider us for a concert. We've been averaging about four dates a month lately, but I'd like to increase that 3x if I can! Lots of work in the office, not much fun, but it does pay off!
We're both still on a high note about the latest news with our college situation. Like josh said in his last blog, we met with Dr. Carr, our president, and we made arrangements so that we will be able to go back this fall with a pretty thick load, and then be finished, with no need to return to school next semester (except to graduate, of course!) The most awesome part is that we will be getting a double A.R.E degree in Bible and music. We were not expecting to achieve this, but with the classes that we took as electives, we will be able to work out both degrees! I'm hoping that we will be able to use this new free time in the spring to go to Florida and sing down there, and if we can make the arrangements work, I will soon start flooding the Sunshine State with demos and phone calls to begin booking concerts down there!
Keep watching our schedule on our website (http://www.foresterministries.com/) to know where we are singing, and come out to see us if you get the chance!

-Stephen

No comments: