Friday, July 18, 2008

Opera: Latin For "Death By Music"

I have things against classical music and I have things against opera. Satan invented opera. I know this because it came after the fall of man, but even God wouldn't judge us like that! My mom went with my dad to see The Phantom of the Opera in Toronto, and I was fortunate to have missed it. True, Andrew Lloyd Webber is a musical genius, and there were one or two songs on the CD (yeah, she bought it) that were okay, but I cannot listen all day to "The Phaaaaaaaaaaaaaantom-of-the-opera-is-theeeeeeeeeerrrrrre! Insiiiiiiiiiiide my miiiiiiind!" Yeah he's in my mind, giving me a migrane! All the music is too high, full of vibrato, and retains the ability to make your ears bleed both internally and externally. Sometimes my mom will play that CD all day long.......on these days, I turn off the main breaker. If she figures this out, I hide the CD while she's in the basement turning the power back on.
Stop by our website, www.foresterministries.com, and check us out, take a look at our CDs, and find out where we'll be next in our ministry!

-Joshua

No comments: