Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June 29th concert & TV

In his last blog Josh told a little about our recent concert down at First Baptist Church of Berrian Springs, so I thought that I would say a little more about it since it feels like an eternity since I last published a blog! (in the future, I will try to stay on top of this better)
Anyway, last Sunday went very well. The crowd was very responsive and they really seemed to enjoy every thing that we did. I sang a song from my new CD called "Just A Little While", and Josh and I made it a smash by throwing our puppets into it. I would like to say more about it, but I don't want to spoil all of the fun for those who haven't seen it yet!

The other day I was watching a re-run of the old TV show Walker, Texas Ranger. One almost can't watch that show with a straight face, because at some point you WILL find something to laugh about!
For one thing, have you noticed that the star of the show, Chuck Norris, never showed ANY kind of emotion? It doesn't matter where he is or what happens, he seems to think that one emotion fits all, almost as if to say: " I'm really concerned for this person, but you would never know it by the stupid look that aways plasters my face!
Also, what about the collateral damage that rattles Dallas, Texas in every episode? By the second season, I figure that if everything they did was real, that they would have annihilated Dallas along with half of Houston. And did you notice that every thug and pre-school reject seemed to know kung-fu? Most of the bad guys that he fought knew just a little, but not enough to beat him? All he really had to do (as the bad guy was flying through the air for a kick into his chest) was step aside and let him fall through the window!
Don't get me wrong, Walker fan club, I actually enjoy his show. In fact, I have five seasons of it on DVD and hope to acquire more soon! So why do I like it if I think it's a little goofy?.....Probably because, like the Three Stooges, "It's a guy thing!"
Don't forget that our new Cd's are now up for sale on our website. You can get one for fifteen dollars, or both for twenty! I hope that you enjoy listening to them as much as we did making them.

-Stephen

No comments: