Monday, June 30, 2008

The Checkout Aisle

Evaluate this with me if you will: how come whenever you go to the grocery store there are like ten checkout aisles and only three of them are open? Are they trying to say something like, "We are terribly undermanned and don't care enough about you morons to hire more people." And have you ever noticed that when you first come into the store, the aisles are empty, but by the time you've gotten your bottle of Advil, the've come two by seven from all around the world!!!
I'm one of those people that is just plain unlucky. Whenever I go to check out, do I get the employee of the month? No, she's two aisles over, I've got the guy that handed Lincoln the theater program the night he was shot. Apparently, that night shook him up pretty badly because he can't stop shaking. On top of that he moves with the vigor and energy of a rock. I either get him or a woman who talks so much that I swear she's a pull string doll that pulls her own string. Yak-yak-yak-yak-yak-yak!!!!!

Okay, enough of the cruelty. The concert in Berrien Springs went quiet well. We sold some CDs and the church was very friendly and warm to us. My comedy went very well and I believe that the people there were blessed through our ministry. We are always excited to see God's work, and we look forward to our future engagements.

-Joshua

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol that always happens to me-especially when i am in a hurry to get somewhere!