Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Joshua's CD Update

Well, I have an update on my CD. My recording is finished after performing live, and the production is in progress. I have paid for the artwork and have seen a preview of it myself. The CD should be available soon, and will be available on the website as well as in concert. I am very excited about my first recording and will let you know when it is ready for sale.

In the meantime, I want to expound a little on what I said before about classical music. I know that it can be a good thing and millions of people enjoy it (well, maybe thousands.....hundreds....a few...). However, as I said before, I cannot stand it. Most pieces are very long and repetitious. After a while, they begin to have an effect on you. I think that I am beginning to repeat myself. After a while they begin to have an effect on you. I think I am beginning to repeat myself! After a while.... Oh, peanut butter.
Anyway, one other problem I have with the music is that there aren't any words. It's easy to walk down the street singing, "Amazing grace, how sweet the sound," but no one ever sings classical as they go for their morning jog. And that's because they would look like idiots singing "C, E, G, F, A,". Of course, that's not much worse than "Doe, a deer, a female deer."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, brother-in-law! You had me loving your new blog before you started ripping on the doe-a-deer song! Sound of Music happens to be one of my FAVORITE movies. I will forgive you this time. The next time you say something about my movie. You have to come to my house and watch the whole thing with ME!! That ought to make you not say another word right there, huh? Talk to you soon.

Your favorite sister-in-law,
Andrea